7.01.2017

Recently: June 2017

Hey everyone! It's been a while since a life update, so I'm going to share a little about what I've been doing this past June! 


Reading: 

- Read Now I Rise by Kiersten White and then literally spent the next hour pacing around the room thinking about it 
- Just wanting my smol and precious characters to be happy (ahem..Radu from Now I Rise.)
- Agonizing over the fact that the sequel to Now I Rise will be released in a year 
- Attempting to read the Percy Jackson series before reading Heroes of Olympus, which was a series that I really did like years ago, but never ended up finishing
- In the tiniest reading slump

Listening: 

- K-pop, k-pop, and more k-pop
                          - BTS (they're adorable as usual) 
                          - Blackpink (the only girl group that I've found that I really like) 
                          - Big Bang (listening through their old albums)
                          - NCT, Seventeen, GOT7, etc. (just exploring)
- Lorde's new album, Melodrama
- Acoustic covers (I've been putting on acoustic cover compilations once in a while when I read.) 

Writing:

- Resolving to plot my Nano novel
- Successfully creating a basic plot and character profiles
- Attempting to plot it out scene by scene and miserably failing
- It's just really hard for me to plot in that much detail, I guess
- So I'm basically doing something in between plotting and pantsing
- Also, today is the first day of Camp Nano 
- WISH ME LUCK I NEED IT 

Enjoying:

- Art classes
- Shamelessly wasting my time on the tumblr (you can find me here..but I'm warning you: I have a BTS fanblog..proceed with caution XD) 
- Reading Now I Rise (it was a painful read but in the best way possible) 

Learning:

- Coding. The first few classes I went to I was like meh, but now that I sort of understand what's happening, I'm enjoying its a lot more.
- Trying to actually sort of get better at speaking my mother tongue  
- HOW TO ART 
- About philosophers (and getting a serious existential crisis from learning about their beliefs) 
- That it's not worth your time to worry about things that don't need to be worried about 

Watching:

- Bon Voyage! It's basically these series of episodes chronicling BTS's adventures in Hawaii .
- Degrassi TNG. I'm just re-watching this..and I mostly just put it on in the "background" as I'm doing various other activities..On that subject though, Degrassi Next Class season 4 is coming out in a couple of days..which is cool.
- Harvard lectures (these lecture are where I'm getting my existential crisis from) 

- Jolly 

13 comments:

  1. I'm dying to read Now I Rise! Although to be fair, I haven't read the first book yet :( Grrrr...

    All the best with your writing! Hope the plotting goes well - I'm also going to start plotting my WIP these holidays :)

    Have a lovely July <3

    Amy @ A Magical World Of Words

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely need to read it! They're both some of my all-time favorites!
      Thank you! I hope it all goes well for you too!

      Delete
  2. I ADORE BTS! What are y'all's favorite songs?! Mine are Not Today, Fire, and Blood Sweat and Tears.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ME TOO.
      Aghh..favorite songs..I can't choose! Some of the ones that I really love are Tomorrow, Whalien 52, Dead Leaves, Spring Day, No More Dream, Bapsae, etc..

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. THANK YOU!
      GOOD LUCK TO YOU, TOO!

      Delete
  4. Ooh I just looked up Now I Rise and I must read it! Good luck with Nano. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's an amazing book!
      Thank you!

      Delete
  5. Hopefully NaNo goes well! Also, if you think that learning philosophy is hard, you should come to my school where we question different philosophers and their philosophies, as well as it relates to our lives every. Single. Day. *cries*

    xoxo Abigail Lennah | ups & downs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope it goes well for you, too!
      That sounds so mentally tiring!

      Delete
  6. Ooh, existential crises - don't like those much.
    Art class sounds fun! I hope you enjoy it. I've done a bit of art but sadly not for awhile. If you get to a certain point, it really satisfies your soul.
    I'm kind-of with you on the same boat - some place between pantsing and plotting. I guess I'm mostly pantsing, but I try to do some after-the-fact plotting to ensure my story's structure is strong since that's the only way I know how to see the big picture. Good luck with Nano!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neither do I :-)
      It does!
      Yeah, it's really hard to write without plotting at all..It makes it hard to see where your story is even going. Thank you! Good luck to you, too!

      Delete
  7. Sounds like a fun month! Don't worry, I'm sure you'll get your writing worked out soon and when you do, it'll be great. Art classes are always fun. I have a week of art classes I'm signed up for, but they don't start until August. As of right now, I haven't actually done any real art in weeks and I'm starting to miss it. Also, can I join you with the existential crisis because I don't even have to look into other people's beliefs to get stuck in that black hole, haha.

    - Jo

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for stopping by and commenting!